Wednesday 18 March 2015

Studio


I am as passionate about dancing as i am about photography. Innocence and freedom is what i wanted to capture with these images, and what better subject is there to create images with a sense of freedom and movement than children?! 

This series of images were shot in my living room against a white wall as a backdrop. I positioned one soft box to the left of my subject at a 45 degree angle and had a little light from a window to the right of my subject. I shot them all in black and white and only took the contrast down in Photoshop to give them a softer finish. I was really pleased with the final images, mostly because they are so simply shot. If i were to change anything, i would not shoot the last two pictures at a angle, the composition doesn't quite work as the angle of the wooden floor against the skirting board is quite harsh. Overall i like the natural affect a wooden floor creates, over a fully laid out white backdrop;it adds more depth and tone, incorporating a 'Lifestyle' image instead of a typical 'Studio' image. 







No comments:

Post a Comment